Monday, January 07, 2008

i actually had to find some time to sit down and think through what i wanted to write in this entry, which is really unlike the usual me blogging randomly about the random things that i see around me, so i suppose this entry will actually mean something after all. so i needed the time to think through, i also needed to find a time long enough for me to fill in the empty cyberwalls, thus explaining the huge delay in this entry. so i shall begin proper then.

these past two weeks of being home was truly a testament of God's assurance to me that when i leave Singapore to come here, He will not only bring me through my stint here but also take care of the people that i leave behind. it was thus very reassuring when i came home and saw these lovely jovial bunch of kids in my cell running helter-skelter in the most happy fashion when they saw me, albeit some blur ones. more of my cell in OUR blog there. but it was really good seeing everybody again, as if the phrase 'absence makes the heart grows fonder' came to life. it was just good, really. from the carolling to the random dinners to the random lunches, even to the random late night coffee at white sands, everything was just good. it's inevitable for someone like me who comes back on home leave to compare certain things such as food, fashion, looks, yadayadayada. But as i always mention to others, something more important, is that singapore is after all home, and for that, nothing beats being home. it's amazing what two weeks can do. just 15 days ago at this time, i arrived back on singapore soil, where half and hour later i started breathing singapore air. two days later, i celebrated Christmas Day; and just a week ago, we ushered in the new year; two days ago, i arrived back to taiwan and now here i am, sitting in the webcam room writing all this nonsense. it's amazing what two weeks can do to your life. all that i have and all that i hold dear to my heart, was taken away just like that in the course of time. having said that, for me to return back to singapore for good, returning back to taiwan is just part of the whole experience. so i take this oppurtunity to thank everyone back home for just being, you. that was all i wanted to meet. once again, thank you.

i miss perspiring.

No comments: