Saturday, May 26, 2007

"ENCORE!"
"ENCORE!"
"ENCORE!"
"shit, i got sore throat already."

those were the exact words i heard after zara's string ensemble concert last night. since i went alone to that concert, i was laughing to myself to the extent that i worried at times whether the gentleman next to me thought i was mad.

well he didn't. thankfully.

anyway, the concert was definitely a first for me. i have never watched a string ensemble concert in my entire life, and it does include concerts by the sso and what not. performances that i go to are mainly choral in nature. so when you ask me how was the concert musically, i really cannot tell you much as there isn't a basis of comparison. But, one thing's for sure. they mainly played classical pieces which to many may sound really long and boring. but this time it was different. the ensemble played considerably shorter pieces And i didn't sleep. this would sound rather cliche, but i suppose the music really enthralled me:) WELL DONE GIRL. anyway, left the concert right after it ended- passed zara the flowers during intermission- hope you like it, and headed straight to esplanade where i thought i would go suntec to catch a bus home, which i did but without stopping at esplanade where there was this percussion/ drums band playing.

"noise or music? hmmm..."

that was the question running through my head after a while. at first, the sound did appeal to me even attract me to the very spot at where they were playing. but after a while, i started to wonder.

subsequently, i just wandered.

was feeling absolutely thirsty since i haven't had a single fluid intake since who-knows-when? so went to 7-eleven to get a drink. i went straight to the beer/ alcohol section. and i don't exactly know what prompted me to get a beer- i really suppose it was the price, but nevertheless i got one. an Amsterdam 8.4%. when i bought it there was no clear intention but simply to attempt to finish one can of beer and also to see whether i could hold my liquor.

seems like i couldn't.

beer just ain't my thing but at least it tastes better than tiger. DEFINITELY, with a further capital D. i finished it by the time i got to the bus stop and waited for my bus, like duh. while waiting, my head started getting heavy but funny thing was my mind wasn't twirling in circles like what you'd see in movies and television shows, it was clear. by the time the bus came, it was just heavy. i slept through the journey, thinking after sleeping the effects would go naturally?

boy, was i So wrong.

to cut the long story short, i reached my bus stop still with a clear head but was uber dizzy. made my way home and by the time i went into my room, i just plonked on the bed and slept. head was just uber heavy.

UBER HEAVY
...
..
.

now i'm all awake and no hangover effects.
thank God.

going for breakfast with mum now.
till then,
toodles!

No comments: