Sunday, November 27, 2011

I don't believe in theories; or should I say, I don't believe in philosophical theories. All good theories must be practical and applicable, relevant in its contextualised time and space. With that being said, let's move on.

Perhaps some of us don't recognise the gravity of the words we say to each other/ youths we lead. I speak specifically to youth leaders as well as leaders of youths. It dawned upon me this afternoon that we don't monitor the words we speak, behaviour we act or even the attitude we show in the presence of these kids. Don't get me wrong; I don't mean to say mentoring or teaching is a terrible job (in fact, truth be told I enjoy my role as a teacher-mentor-servant leader of the youths in church). But we ought to watch our tongue and our heart when we serve the youths/ children. Setting an example to these youths is just as crucial and important as mentoring and teaching them the right values and lessons. I'm afraid some of us don't see the salience in our behaviour/ mannerism; and tis a fear I fear will have consequences on the kind of leaders we develop/ men and women we groom in the ministry.

Okay, that's enough for today.

No comments: