Sunday, April 13, 2008

this is a toned down version of the actual feelings and emotions bottled inside right now. i'm pissed off. okay, that sounded lame. but yes, i am. i never realised how sickening the bus system is at taoyuan international airport (i wrote the full name of the airport on purpose so people may consider boycotting it and cause the authorities to do something about it, like immediately maybe) until the experience i had today. i sent francis and his friends off at the airport terminal one this evening and started my unexpected long wait at 1745h for a bus to zhongli city. reason why i say unexpected is because the last time i took a bus to zhongli from the airport was after i completed my duties at the airport and that barely took 15mins. so i stood there, back against the wall reading the flight schedules for thai airways and those for the airport. i soon got impatient, i mean frankly just that few pages of useless information could hardly get my mind off the arrival and imminent departure of the bus to zhongli, and started confirming, double-confirming even triple-confirming whether i was waiting at the right area and for the right bus. i would have blown my heads off if i realised i was wrong all the while but come to think of it, i'd rather have had my head blown than wait that agonising while for a bus that i didn't even plan to take in the first place. at 1845h, one hour since i started waiting, a bus that would terminate at taoyuan bus terminal/train station arrived and i decided to board it just in case the driver of the zhongli-bound bus fell asleep at some binglang store. so i took that bus, and got myself to taoyuan city after enduring another 45mins. i took the next train, literally running for it after getting my tickets and helping a couple of indon females to the train to taipei, and soon found my ass in zhongli finally at 2000h. my friend, that took me more than 2hours to get from the airport to a city which was within the same county as the airport; in comparison, it probably would take me less than an hour to get me to taipei city, which is in the neighbouring county, from the airport. urgh, somebody do something about this

No comments: