Saturday, February 23, 2008

within the pulsating rhythmic walls
there was silence.

the forgotten memories resurrected
and i soon found them all so familiar.
suddenly, they all meshed themselves
together, i couldn't see, i was forgetting.

list them down, the heavy bass beat told me
and so i did. they slowly became clear,
succint, distinct; i could remember.

be yourself. that's what silence told me.
no matter what, be yourself always.

in the mess of bodies gyrating on the floor,
they were pursuing something distant,
something i knew but could not describe.
it lasted as long as the music continued,
it lasted as long as the alcohol kept flowing,
it lasted just that long.

and then faces appeared from the dark.
the people i cared for, the people i loved,
the people i left behind. what seemed to be
a vaccuum of space didn't seem that dry
anymore. it welled up, it soaked me up.

slowly, they filled me to my neck, inching their
up to my face and then above me. it consumed me.
and then i heard voices calling out. i heard
a steady pulsating beat. i saw pyrotechnics flashing across
the dance floor. and that's where i knew
i had found silence.

no. silence found me.

No comments: